Search Icon

Housing Services for People with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities

Our Housing Services for People with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities

Beginning with the opening of Lyons House 1980, Catholic Charities has been creating beautiful and peaceful community residences for individuals living with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Today, we offer more than a dozen certified group and private living environments that provide comfort and stability.


Individuals with developmental disabilities can live independently and inclusively in their communities in one of Catholic Charities’ residential locations located in Monroe, Wayne and Yates Counties. Specifically, four residences are located in Rochester, one is located in Greece, four are located in Penn Yan, two are in Lyons, and there is one each in Brighton and Webster.

Our group and private living environments are staffed with trained personnel, based on individual needs. Our direct support professionals provide assistance with all areas of daily living, including: personal hygiene, healthcare, medication administration, nutrition, transportation to medical and other appointments, service planning, recreation and leisure activities.

Residents develop close-knit relationships with their housemates, often referring to them as "family,” which helps create a stable and comfortable environment where people are happy to come home.

Certified Residential Sites

Individuals can choose from two types of certified residential housing. Our supervised settings provide 24 hours of staffing, 7 days a week. The staff assists with all aspects of daily living skills while fostering independence.

Our supportive settings provide staff assistance to those who do not require 24-hour staff support and supervision.

Medical oversight is provided in all of our certified sites.


We provide need-based supports and services for those who are living in their own homes or apartments, either through a housing subsidy or community habilitation services. Housing assistance is also available through our Self-Directed Services.